There is one final mouse trap that I didn’t really mention before, but thought it may be worth a post… It’s known as the bucket trap… Your mileage may vary with this one, but many people claim that it is an effective way how to get rid of mice. It’s also humane because it allows the mouse to survive.
Here what you’ll need:
1. A bucket (standard 5-gallon bucket will do)
2. Peanut butter
3. 3 brick shaped boxes
Here’s what you do:
1. Take a knife and spread peanut butter along the inside of the bucket around the top. Spread it in a way that will encourage the mouse to “reach” further into it as it’s eating.
2. Set the bucket up in a location where the mouse will be able to find it. It’s not the most attractive decoration in your house, but hopefully this is only temporary.
3. Stack the 3 brick shaped boxes as a stair case into the bucket.
5. Catch the mouse. :)
6. Set it free far from home. Mice a smart creatures and have a way of finding their way back home, so don’t set it free too close.
You now have yourself a low cost, yet effective way to eliminate mice!